I am a very firm believer in how a homemade dinner can bring a family together especially at the end of a busy day. I would love to be like those women who are able to provide a Julia Child’s type of dinner every weeknight, but the reality is that after a full day at work, followed by frustrating hours in traffic, coming home to sinks full of yesterday dishes and toys to clean up, and longest toddler bedtime routine the last thing on my mind is spending hours in the kitchen. In order to recharge though, a good home-cooked meal does just the trick, dinnertime is slowly becoming our “us time” and a time where I actually catch up on what is going on in my husband’s life. So through many trials and fails, I am slowly building a list of recipes that satisfy my need of a home-cooked meal and don’t ask me for hours in the kitchen. On the list of my 30 minutes recipes for home-cooked meals for busy moms, and dads, is the good old Fettuccine Bolognese, my Italian husband’s favorite. This 30 minutes recipe speeds up the process of a very well loved dish for many families. I try to simplify the ingredients and leave room for creativity for those who wish to try my recipes. I used red wine but some people do not like using wine for cooking so feel free to modify it by using just plain water if you fancy. Leave me a comment if you do try it and tell me how you like it.
- 1 pack of Italian Fettuccine
- 1 LB of Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup of Red Wine
- 1 Can 15oz of Crushed and Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Can 10oz of Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tbs of Olive Oil
- 1/4 of a white onion
- 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder (Use Fresh garlic if available instead)
- 1 tsp of Mediterranean Oregano Leaves
- 1 Tsp of Cilantro
- 1 Tsp of Italian Herb Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by boiling Water for you Fettuccine and Cook according to package Instruction
- Simultaneously, on a non stick pan, heat up the olive oil, add in the ground beef and brown the meat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Cut the onion in small pieces and add to the meat. cook for about 1 minute. Create a whole in the middle of the pan and add the tomatoes and let cook undisturbed for three minutes.
- Add the garlic, Oregano, Pepper, Salt and Italian Herb to the mix and stir.
- Pour in the wine and cook for about a minute uncovered.
- And Lastly spoon in the cream of mushroom stiring occasionally to make the sauce evenly thick.
- Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes et Voila.