As part of my Thirty minutes recipes, I like to include some healthy version for a light dinner. Today I am sharing one of my go to recipes; a pan seared Tilapia fillets. Tilapia is one fish that I love however I try to steer away from, the reason being that it is very delicate and hard to work with, at the exception of the shredded version of it. I like to start with fresh Tilapia if possible or you can go with the frozen version but make sure to thaw it ahead of time, leave it enough time to thaw to the core because otherwise it breaks easier than normal. I enjoy eating healthy now and then and I love tying out recipes that are easy and quick to make especially on busy weekdays. This recipe calls for a mixture of spices and I like to mix my spices ahead of time and just have them hand one those busy nights. To speed things up I use my rice cooker while making this recipe to save time and energy and so that everything is done at the same time. I also like to use a brush and with a drop of olive oil I try smear the spices on the surface of the fillet, I am just one of those people who like to coat the meat with spices. Just use the spices at your own liking and let me know how it turns out if you do try the recipe.
- 1 LB of Tilapia Fillets
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tsp of allspices
- 1 Tsp of oregano
- 1 Tsp of cilantro
- 1 Tsp of Chili powder
- 1 Tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- FOR SIDES
- -2 cups of whole grain brown rice
- -1 pk of green beans.
- Mix together allspices, oregano, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper and sprinkle the mixture on each side of the fillets.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium and gently place the fillets in the pan. Let sautee for two minutes on each side.
- Carefully remove the fillets from the pan using a spatula and let it sit for two more minutes.
- FOR SIDES:
- -Cook 2 cups of rice according to instructions
- -Cook the green beans according to intructions ( stove top boiling).
- Serve while still warm and enjoy.